What are the benefits of aromatherapy during childbirth?

Paula Greer
Midwifery Nursing

Aromatherapy can have a several benefits during childbirth, from improving uterine muscle tone to helping you relax, says nurse midwife Paula Greer. Watch the video to learn which specific scents are most helpful in the deliver room.

Continue Learning about Aromatherapy

The Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
The Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is a complementary treatment that uses essential oils to enhance relaxation and boost mental sharpness. If you love scents—concocted by d...
What is aromatherapy?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Aromatherapy is a type of complementary and alternative medicine that uses plant oils that give off ...
How should I choose aromatherapy scents?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
There are many aromatherapy books on the market, but I prefer a more nose-on approach. I suggest...
What Are the Benefits of Aromatherapy?
What Are the Benefits of Aromatherapy?