How can I use scents in the shower to improve my mood?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Smell is the most powerful of our senses. Experiment with different scents according to your moods. On days that you feel lazy, tired or depressed, use an invigorating citrus flavor like lemon or orange. On mornings you wake up anxious, fearful, or nervous, you may want to choose the calming aromas of lavender, chamomile, or clary sage. You way want to choose a sensual scent such as jasmine or patchouli to feel amorous. Aromatherapy is not a passing fad: herbal and floral essences are shown to have an immediate effect on the brain and nervous system. There are many books on the market about aromatherapy to help you choose a scent for your particular need.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Aromatherapy

The Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
The Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is a complementary treatment that uses essential oils to enhance relaxation and boost mental sharpness. If you love scents—concocted by d...
What are the benefits of aromatherapy during childbirth?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Aromatherapy can have a several benefits during childbirth, from improving uterine muscle tone t...
Who is an aromatherapist?
An aromatherapist is a person who practices a type of complementary medicine called aromatherapy. Th...
How Can I Use Aromatherapy to Help Reduce Stress?