How can I get rid of the flab in my upper arms?

The muscles of the back of the arm are easy to target, tricky to train. Those muscles, the triceps, are three parts and their job simply is to straighten the elbow. So if you want to minimize the "ripple" effect wave, you can either wave with a completely straight elbow and just rattle your hand around OR cross train those out-of-sight, out-of-mind muscles with seated dips and seated overhead extensions, triceps push-ups and triceps kickbacks using light to medium weights or no weights at all. Keeping the elbows close to the body (both can be modified by performing the exercises on your knees) for the dips and push-ups, lower your own body weight by bending the elbow and then press to a straightened arm. Extensions are overhead and kickbacks are behind you. These different body positions effectively and safely target the upper, middle and lower parts of all three "heads" of the triceps muscle.

This question is asked daily.  The answer includes genetics.  Unfortunately, we all have genetics and some people store fat in areas that they do not want to store in!  However, we need to love our bodies as they are the only ones we have.

In order to be successful in flabloss, that’s a new word, you need to focus on sound nutrition.  You can do triceps extension day and night but may not be able to lose that extra flab.  With sound nutrition you will be able to cut down on body fat and potentially tighten up those arms just the way you want them!

Many people have flab in their upper arms that are hard to get rid of. Watch this video as Dr. Oz learns from choreographer Stepp Stewart dance moves that banish upper-arm flab.

Continue Learning about Arm Exercises

Kiss Arm Flap Goodbye
Kiss Arm Flap Goodbye
Call it the Sleeveless Swing: You wave hello to someone and that bit of upper arm flab keeps on swaying and flapping long after you’ve moved on down t...
How should I do a one-arm bicep curl?
When performing one-arm biceps curls proper posture is essential to limit injury risk. Stand with yo...
How should I do an arm raise exercise?
To do an arm raise, follow these steps: Lie in your bed with your knees bent and your arms at yo...
How do I perform a seated biceps curl alternate arm?
Sit with feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Extend your arms down the sid...