How do I know if I am lifting too much weight when I'm doing bicep curls?

Rick Olderman
Allergy
When you're doing bicep curls and you feel pain at the shoulder or elbow joints while performing the curl, then you know you're experiencing bad pain. The biceps muscles are located between the shoulder and elbow joints. If you feel pain above or below the biceps muscles, it is likely that you are lifting too heavy a load or allowing your elbows to move too much. The habits that cause bad pain ultimately compromise your efforts, leading to tissue vulnerability and weakness -- and more pain.
Fixing You: Back Pain: Self-Treatment for Sciatica, Bulging and Herniated Disks, Stenosis, Degenerative Disks, and other diagnoses.

Back pain is often due to larger problems, such as poor walking habits or pelvic muscle tightness , that create vulnerabilities in the spine. This is why most people have trouble fixing their...

Continue Learning about Arm Exercises