How do I perform a push-up with rotation?

Begin in push-up position with your feet together and toes on the floor and your hands placed slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Draw-in your navel and contract your glutes. With your back flat, slowly lower your body toward the floor, lowering and contracting your shoulder blades. Push back up to starting position and rotate your body 90-degrees from the floor, fully extending both arms, one in the air and one on the floor. Reverse the movement of rotation to return to the starting position and repeat, alternating the direction of rotation.

Continue Learning about Arm Exercises

Kiss Arm Flap Goodbye
Kiss Arm Flap Goodbye
Call it the Sleeveless Swing: You wave hello to someone and that bit of upper arm flab keeps on swaying and flapping long after you’ve moved on down t...
What exercises target the arms and shoulders?
Julie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RDJulie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RD
A good exercise to target the shoulders and arms is the dumbbell scaption.  You can use dumbbells in...
How should I do a triceps dip?
Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleMemorial Hospital Jacksonville
To perform a triceps dip, support your weight with your hands on the edge of a chair and walk your f...
How should I do a push-up?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
Here is how to do push-ups: Get down on your hands and toes with your hands a little wider than ...