What exercises will target the long head of my triceps?

A great exercise that will stimulate the long head of your triceps is the supine bench or floor dumbbell triceps extensions. To this exercise, lie with your feet on the floor,  pointed straight ahead and positioned shoulder-width apart.  Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your elbows pointing toward the ceiling.  Extend your elbows until your arms are pointing straight into the air.  Hold, and reverse the movement by bending your elbows to return to the starting position.  Repeat for the recommended number of repetitions and sets based on your goal.

Continue Learning about Arm Exercises

Kiss Arm Flap Goodbye
Kiss Arm Flap Goodbye
Call it the Sleeveless Swing: You wave hello to someone and that bit of upper arm flab keeps on swaying and flapping long after you’ve moved on down t...
What triceps exercises are good for beginners?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Triceps kickbacks are great and can be combined with back rows, getting full bang for your buck!Tric...
How can I get rid of the flab in my upper arms?
Barbara Nolan , NASM Elite TrainerBarbara Nolan , NASM Elite Trainer
The muscles of the back of the arm are easy to target, tricky to train. Those muscles, the triceps, ...
How do I get bigger triceps?
Building bigger triceps requires the right combination of proper nutrition, recovery, resistance tra...