Can hypnotherapy help reduce headache pain?

Hypnotherapy has been proven effective against many kinds of headaches. Many common headaches are caused by muscle tension, heart rate, blood pressure, and blood flow. Hypnotherapy can put you in a hypnotic state and make suggestions that will allow you to control these factors and alleviate pain. The practitioner may also use imagery so you can visualize the pain of the headache actually leaving the body and being placed somewhere else. In this manner headache pain can be resolved in a noninvasive fashion without drugs or side-effects.

Continue Learning about Applications of Hypnotherapy

Can hypnotherapy be used instead of anesthesia during surgery?
There are documented cases wherein hypnotherapy has been used instead of anesthesia. The term hypnoa...
Will hypnosis stop my stressing about food?
Hypnotism can reduce food-related stress and anxiety.In this video, hypnotist Paul McKenna leads Dr....
Can hypnosis help me quit smoking cigarettes?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Hypnosis methods vary a great deal, which makes it hard to study as a way to stop smoking. For the m...
What conditions can hypnotherapy be used for?
Hypnotherapy has many applications. It can be used to treat: asthma, phobias, bedwetting, additions,...