How do I read an apple juice box to know where the ingredients come from?

The way countries are listed on juice boxes can be misleading. If it says "A Product of Canada," this does not necessarily mean the juice is from Canada. It could mean that the juice was packages there or even that the box was made in Canada. On that same package, you could find another label that says, "Conc from China," meaning that the juice concentrate comes from China.

Two ways to buy apple juice with less arsenic are to look for concentrate made in the USA -- it's highly regulated, making it a safer choice -- and to buy organic apple juice whenever possible. None of the organic apple juices we tested came back with arsenic levels higher than the safe limit as determined by the FDA.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Apple Juice

Why should I read the labels of apple juice and other foods before buying?
Apple juice made from apple concentrate is not just popular in juice boxes. Often used instead of re...
How can I buy apple juice with less arsenic?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently proposed an “action level” of 10 parts per billion (p...
What are the arsenic levels in apple juice?
The Dr. Oz Show tested three dozen samples from five different brands of apple juice across three di...
Who other than Dr. Oz has studied arsenic in apple juice?
The University of Arizona also studied this in 2009. They did what The Dr. Oz Show did. They bought ...