Do I have to change my life after my appendix is removed?

Joan Haizlip, MSN
Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

Once your appendix is removed you can live a normal life again. You will not need to make any changes in your diet or lifestyle.

After your appendix is removed, your surgeon will require some restrictions during your recovery. But once this is complete you shouldn’t need to make any noticeable changes in your diet, activity or normal activities.

After the appendix is removed, there aren't any lifestyle changes that need to be made by the patient.

Continue Learning about Appendicitis

How Do Antibiotics Treat Appendicitis?
How Do Antibiotics Treat Appendicitis?
In the 1984 film Dumb and Dumber, after Lloyd (Jim Carrey) gets robbed by an old lady on a motorized cart, he says to Harry (Jeff Daniels), “I didn't ...
What happens if appendicitis is not treated?
Joan Haizlip, MSNJoan Haizlip, MSN
If appendicitis is not treated right away,  the appendix can burst (rupture) and cause an infection ...
What are the symptoms of appendicitis?
Sunrise Hospital & Medical CenterSunrise Hospital & Medical Center
Symptoms of appendicitis include abdominal pain, vomiting, lack of appetite, and difficulty walking....
What Are Symptoms of Appendicitis?
What Are Symptoms of Appendicitis?