Do I have to change my life after my appendix is removed?

After the appendix is removed, there aren't any lifestyle changes that need to be made by the patient.

After your appendix is removed, your surgeon will require some restrictions during your recovery. But once this is complete you shouldn’t need to make any noticeable changes in your diet, activity or normal activities.

Joan Haizlip, MSN
Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

Once your appendix is removed you can live a normal life again. You will not need to make any changes in your diet or lifestyle.

Continue Learning about Appendicitis

How Do Antibiotics Treat Appendicitis?
How Do Antibiotics Treat Appendicitis?
In the 1984 film Dumb and Dumber, after Lloyd (Jim Carrey) gets robbed by an old lady on a motorized cart, he says to Harry (Jeff Daniels), “I didn't ...
What happens if appendicitis is not treated?
If an inflamed appendix is not removed, there is a high risk of it bursting. That is why it is impor...
What is appendicitis?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Appendicitis is inflammation of the appendix that occurs when something from inside the digestive sy...
What Are the Symptoms of Appendicitis?
What Are the Symptoms of Appendicitis?