A canker sore usually begins as a red spot or bump. It may produce a tingling or burning sensation before other symptoms appear. Canker sores are painful. Fortunately, most canker sores heal spontaneously in 7 to 10 days.
- Q How soon do canker sores heal?
- Q Do canker sores affect children differently than adults?
- Q Are there foods I should avoid if I have aphthous stomatitis (canker sore)?
- Q What can I do to prevent canker sores?
- Q How do canker sores affect women?
- Q How do I care for someone with aphthous stomatitis (canker sore)?