A canker sore usually begins as a red spot or bump. It may produce a tingling or burning sensation before other symptoms appear. Canker sores are painful. Fortunately, most canker sores heal spontaneously in 7 to 10 days.
- Q Does aphthous stomatitis affect children the same as adults?
- Q How do I know I have a canker sore?
- Q What are the dietary recommendations for someone with canker sores?
- Q What are current ideas for preventing aphthous stomatitis (canker sore)?
- Q How common are canker sores (aphthous stomatitis)?
- Q How long does an outbreak of aphthous stomatitis (canker sore) last?