A canker sore usually begins as a red spot or bump. It may produce a tingling or burning sensation before other symptoms appear. Canker sores are painful. Fortunately, most canker sores heal spontaneously in 7 to 10 days.
- Q Are any other diseases associated with canker sores?
- Q What are current ideas for preventing aphthous stomatitis (canker sore)?
- Q How common are canker sores (aphthous stomatitis)?
- Q How do canker sores affect women?
- Q Should I tell my doctor or dentist about my aphthous stomatitis symptoms?
- Q Are there foods I should avoid if I have aphthous stomatitis (canker sore)?