A canker sore usually begins as a red spot or bump. It may produce a tingling or burning sensation before other symptoms appear. Canker sores are painful. Fortunately, most canker sores heal spontaneously in 7 to 10 days.
- Q Do canker sores affect children differently than adults?
- Q What are canker sores?
- Q How common are canker sores (aphthous stomatitis)?
- Q What are current ideas for preventing aphthous stomatitis (canker sore)?
- Q How soon do canker sores heal?
- Q What are the severity levels of canker sores?