A canker sore usually begins as a red spot or bump. It may produce a tingling or burning sensation before other symptoms appear. Canker sores are painful. Fortunately, most canker sores heal spontaneously in 7 to 10 days.
- Q How does aphthous stomatitis (canker sore) affect the body?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have canker sores?
- Q How do other illnesses affect aphthous stomatitis (canker sore)?
- Q Can aphthous stomatitis (canker sore) have complications?
- Q Are any other diseases associated with canker sores?
- Q What are the severity levels of canker sores?