A canker sore usually begins as a red spot or bump. It may produce a tingling or burning sensation before other symptoms appear. Canker sores are painful. Fortunately, most canker sores heal spontaneously in 7 to 10 days.
- Q Are any other diseases associated with canker sores?
- Q What are canker sores?
- Q What can I do to prevent canker sores?
- Q Should I avoid activities when I have aphthous stomatitis (canker sore)?
- Q Are there foods I should avoid if I have aphthous stomatitis (canker sore)?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have canker sores?