A canker sore usually begins as a red spot or bump. It may produce a tingling or burning sensation before other symptoms appear. Canker sores are painful. Fortunately, most canker sores heal spontaneously in 7 to 10 days.
- Q Should I tell my doctor or dentist about my aphthous stomatitis symptoms?
- Q Can aphthous stomatitis (canker sore) have complications?
- Q Does aphthous stomatitis affect children the same as adults?
- Q How long does an outbreak of aphthous stomatitis (canker sore) last?
- Q What are the severity levels of canker sores?
- Q Should I tell the school if my child has canker sores?