What is an anxiety filter?

An anxiety filter is the thing that colors how we see the world, usually in a way that's negative or stressful. In this video, psychologist Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD, discusses what the term anxiety filter means, and how it can impact our lives.

Continue Learning about Anxiety

How to Stop a Panic Attack in 5 Simple Steps
You know when you’re having a panic attack—heart racing, tunnel vision, gasping for air and control slipping away. When the fear finally passes, you m...
How are anxiety disorders diagnosed?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Doctors use several different tools to learn about anxiety disorders and make a diagnosis: Quest...
9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying
9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying9 Simple Strategies to Stop Worrying
Anxious, stressed, overwhelmed? Check out these scientifically backed ways to boost mood and worry less.
How Can I Avoid Being Overly Anxious in Every Day Situations I Encounter?