How are anxiety disorders diagnosed in older adults?

In older adults, anxiety disorders are diagnosed based on significant events such as loss of a loved one, unemployment or financial strains, and feelings of isolation.

Continue Learning about Anxiety

How to Beat Claustrophobia and Other Anxiety Disorders
Comedian Steven Wright once deadpanned, "I'm getting an MRI tomorrow to see if I’m claustrophobic." (Next week we'll talk about MRIs—and yes, there ar...
What neurotransmitters are linked to anxiety?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
The following neurotransmitters are known to play a role in anxiety: Dopamine is essential to moveme...
6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child
6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child
Don’t let your child suffer from the most common mental illness in the U.S.
Dr. Tamar Chansky - How do I explain my issues with anxiety to my children?