How do I care for someone with anxiety disorders?

You can support someone with an anxiety disorder by becoming an informed ally. Educate yourself about anxiety disorders. Do not trivialize the disorder or assume improvement can occur naturally without treatment. It may take several months for treatment to be successful, and they may need to try several combinations of medication before one works. Be patient, invite them to participate in activities with you, and encourage them join a support group.

Continue Learning about Anxiety

How to Beat Claustrophobia and Other Anxiety Disorders
Comedian Steven Wright once deadpanned, "I'm getting an MRI tomorrow to see if I’m claustrophobic." (Next week we'll talk about MRIs -- and yes, there...
How are anxiety disorders diagnosed?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Doctors use several different tools to learn about anxiety disorders and make a diagnosis: Quest...
6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child
6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child6 Ways To Soothe An Anxious Child
Don’t let your child suffer from the most common mental illness in the U.S.
Is There a Genetic Component to Children Developing Anxiety?