What can I eat for lunch to ease anxiety?

Here is one of Dr. Oz’s favorite lunchtime meals for reducing anxiety, loaded with worry-fighting compounds.

Stress Less Taco Salad: For lunch, enjoy a taco bowl with grilled turkey, black beans, bell peppers, corn, shredded spinach, and a dollop of Greek yogurt. To make the taco bowl, turn a muffin pan upside down, spray the tortilla with a bit of olive oil, then bake it on the upside-down pan at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. The whole-wheat tortilla is a great complex carb; the high-fiber black beans will stabilize your blood sugar; the turkey and yogurt contain tryptophan; and the bell peppers, chili peppers, and corn are all high in vitamin C. Be sure to use shredded spinach, which is also high in vitamin C, instead of nutrient-poor iceberg lettuce.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Anxiety Disorders Treatment

Top Treatments for Anxiety Disorders
Top Treatments for Anxiety Disorders
Your best option: Get help from your doctor or another health care professional. Your doctor has the tools–and knowledge–to help you put together a tr...
What are the health benefits of winter cherry?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Winter cherry (ashwagandha) enhances the mind’s overall ability to fight stress. Because it helps ov...
What are cognitive distortions?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Here is a list of the most common cognitive (thought) distortions.All-or-nothing thinkingOvergeneral...
How Long Should I Soak in an Epsom Salt Bath?