How can meditation treat anxiety?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
There are many types of meditation but all of them help the mind to focus. The focus can be on your breathing or a word or a sound. It really does not matter. It is the act of being focused and in the present that allows your body to be still and calm and helps with anxiety.

Meditation results in relaxation, which will slow the pulse and breathing down. It takes practice, but the more you do it the more you will see how much easier it is to deal with stress and anxiety.

Continue Learning about Anxiety Disorders Treatment

Top Treatments for Anxiety Disorders
Top Treatments for Anxiety Disorders
Your best option: Get help from your doctor or another health care professional. Your doctor has the tools–and knowledge–to help you put together a tr...
What medications can help me with sleep and anxiety?
MediGuardMediGuard
There are many medications that you can take to aid with sleeping like Rozerem, Ambien, and Lunesta....
What are some natural ways that I can ease my anxiety after a trauma?
Pamela MilesPamela Miles
Rescue Remedy is a totally safe trauma support for adults or children. It is inexpensive, readil...
How Long Should I Soak in an Epsom Salt Bath?