Why should I pay attention to my anxiety?

Mona A. Schulz, MD
Psychiatry
If we don’t learn to communicate our anxiety and learn to respond to the intuition behind the nervous mood, we can’t respond to the danger, if there is any, or harm that’s bearing down on us and the lives of those around us. Fears and phobias may get the best of you, and you may so successfully avoid what makes you nervous that you prevent yourself from growing your potential in your career, doing all you can in your personal relationships, and even acquiring skills and abilities. And you may avoid the intuitive message imbedded in the anxiety by avoiding challenge in your life.

Continue Learning about Living With Anxiety Disorders

Best Ways to Kick Anxiety to the Curb
Best Ways to Kick Anxiety to the Curb
It may help to know you’re not alone—everybody has anxiety to some degree. But it can be more severe for some people. And that’s when you need a plan ...
Can what I eat help with anxiety?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
Anxiety and stress can lead to snacking, and the foods we typically choose are high-sugar, high-fat,...
What are some ways to deal with anxiety?
Valorie BurtonValorie Burton
One of the simplest ways to deal with anxiety is to take a pause, breathe, and get yourself into the...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - How can I sleep better if I have an anxiety disorder?