Can a support group help me deal with my anxiety disorder?

Support from family members and from others with anxiety disorders can improve the results of treatment. The National Institute of Mental Health reports that many people with anxiety benefit from sharing their problems and triumphs with others. Joining a support group can help by giving you a regular opportunity to talk with people who understand. Talking with trusted relatives, friends, and members of the clergy can be helpful, too.

Continue Learning about Living With Anxiety Disorders

Best Ways to Kick Anxiety to the Curb
Best Ways to Kick Anxiety to the Curb
It may help to know you’re not alone—everybody has anxiety to some degree. But it can be more severe for some people. And that’s when you need a plan ...
What is anticipatory anxiety?
Dr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyDDr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD
Anticipatory anxiety is the stress we feel before we even enter into a situation we are worried abou...
What are the dietary recommendations for someone with anxiety?
While dietary changes alone cannot cure anxiety disorders, eating a balanced diet may help you cope ...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - How can I sleep better if I have an anxiety disorder?