Can a support group help me deal with my anxiety disorder?

Support from family members and from others with anxiety disorders can improve the results of treatment. The National Institute of Mental Health reports that many people with anxiety benefit from sharing their problems and triumphs with others. Joining a support group can help by giving you a regular opportunity to talk with people who understand. Talking with trusted relatives, friends, and members of the clergy can be helpful, too.

Continue Learning about Living With Anxiety Disorders

Can Anxiety Lead to Weight Gain?
Can Anxiety Lead to Weight Gain?
Emotions and eating are joined at the hip—or the waist—according to a study published in the journal Menopause. Researchers found that women who are g...
How can I lessen the anxiety I feel due to threats of terrorism?
Gail M. Saltz, MDGail M. Saltz, MD
Some things you can do to lessen the anxiety you feel due to terrorism threats are to learn the real...
How do anxiety disorders affect the body?
Generalized anxiety disorder places physical and mental stress on the body. People with this disord...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - How can I sleep better if I have an anxiety disorder?