Can an Internet chat group help me deal with my anxiety disorder?

Chat groups on the Internet also provide a forum in which to share concerns and reduce the feelings of isolation that are common among people with anxiety. Just be skeptical about the information you find on the Internet, unless it comes from an established mental health organization. Also, use caution and common sense in deciding how much personal information to reveal when chatting online. Remember that chat rooms aren't a substitute for therapy. If you're looking for group therapy, join a group run by a mental health professional.

Continue Learning about Living With Anxiety Disorders

Can Anxiety Lead to Weight Gain?
Can Anxiety Lead to Weight Gain?
Emotions and eating are joined at the hip—or the waist—according to a study published in the journal Menopause. Researchers found that women who are g...
What is anticipatory anxiety?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
People with social anxiety often experience what is called anticipatory anxiety, which means tha...
How can writing in a journal help me deal with anxiety?
Devote a small pocket of time, fifteen to twenty minutes, to thinking about your main woes and stres...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - How can I help my partner cope with their anxiety?