Why do I have anxiety with hearing loss?

Another psychological feeling hearing loss is anxiety.  After living with poor hearing for months, you may become obsessed with how you feel each day, noticing every new feeling or symptom. Complaints of general nervousness and irritability, excessive worry, and sleep problems are common with chronic health conditions.  Anxiety may also take the form of specific phobias (such as fear of being alone, fear of driving, or fear of going to work). Alternatively, you may find yourself completely angry or bitter toward your doctor, your family, or even life in general.
The cost of anxiety and depression is high as it greatly interferes with your activities at work and at home. The symptoms can be successfully treated with a combination of medication and therapy, so it’s important to discuss these feelings openly with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Anxiety Disorders Causes & Risk Factors

What causes anxiety disorder in veterans?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
When a veteran experiences anxiety disorder, it could be due to a number of factors. It may be cause...
Are anxiety disorders genetic?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
People with a parent or sibling who has had an anxiety disorder are at greater risk of developing su...
How Can I Avoid Being Overly Anxious in Every Day Situations I Encounter?
What Is an Anxiety Filter?
What Is an Anxiety Filter?