Who should take Olysio?

Olysio (simeprevir) is intended for use by people who have chronic hepatitis C infection caused by a type of the virus called genotype 1. Olysio is taken with other hepatitis C medications, such as Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) to fight the virus. People may take Olysio whether or not they have cirrhosis (scarring) of the liver, as long as the liver is still functioning; people with severe loss of liver function should not take it. Also, Olysio may be used by people who have never been treated for hepatitis C before, or those for whom previous treatment with other medications wasn't effective. 

Continue Learning about Antiviral

How should I take Harvoni?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
The usual dose is 1 tablet once daily. You should be sure to tell your doctor of any kidney disease,...
Do Technivie and ribavirin interact with any other drugs?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking any of the following drugs, you should not take Technivie: alfuzosin carbama...
What are the possible side effects of Olysio?
Olysio (simeprevir) is used with other medications to treat chronic hepatitis C. The side effects de...
What should I know before taking Truvada and raltegravir?
Your doctor will need to measure your creatinine clearance, urine protein, urine glucose, and serum ...