Lugol's solution should not be used if you are sensitive to any of its ingredients (i.e., iodine). Some side effects can include: skin rashes, swelling of the salivary glands or "iodism" (metallic taste, gastric irritation, burning mouth and throat, sore teeth and gums, symptoms of a head cold). Contact your doctor if you believe you are experiencing side effects from this medication.
- Q What should I know about Lugol's solution before taking it?
- Q How soon after taking Lugol's solution will my symptoms improve?
- Q How does Lugol's solution affect elderly adults?
- Q Who should not take Lugol's solution?
- Q Is there a generic version of Lugol's solution?
- Q What is Lugol's solution?