The Fanapt titration pack is a starter kit for someone using the antipsychotic medication Fanapt (iloperidone). It includes a series of pills that contain increasingly higher amounts of the drug so your body can slowly adjust to it. By starting at a low dose of Fanapt and increasing it slowly, you can limit or avoid its most common side effect: orthostatic low blood pressure, which causes dizziness and fainting when you stand up.
- Q Why are antipsychotic medications used in treating bipolar disorder?
- Q Do atypical and typical antipsychotics have similar side effects?
- Q In what forms is the Fanapt titration pack available?
- Q What are side effects of antipsychotic medications used for Alzheimer's?
- Q What antipsychotic medications are used for bipolar disorder?
- Q Why are doctors concerned about antipsychotic medication use in teens?