What are isoflavones used for?

Toby Smithson

Isoflavones are used by plants to help defend the plant and has been seen to hold health benefits for humans. Isoflavones have been shown to provide protection against chronic disease such as heart disease and cancer. Isoflavones from two servings of soy foods has been shown to reduce frequency and severity of hot flashes in menopausal women.

Continue Learning about Antioxidants

Use This High-Antioxidant Spice in Hot Drinks
Next time you cozy up with a hot mug of something special, consider tossing in a spice that's bursting with antioxidants: cloves. It makes mulled cid...
What are flavonoids?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Some foods, such as grapes, tea and chocolate, contain special components called phytochemicals that...
What are phytochemicals and what is their significance in my diet?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Fruits and vegetables contain an additional class of nutrients called phytochemicals. Phytochemicals...
Are Polyphenols Good for My Health?
Are Polyphenols Good for My Health?