You should take Gleevec exactly as directed by your doctor. Typically, this will be once a day, by mouth with a full meal and a large glass of water. Do not drink grapefruit juice when you take Gleevec. If you cannot swallow Gleevec tablets, you can stir the tablets into a small amount of water or apple juice and drink the broken down tablets immediately. If you have any questions about how to take Gleevec, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Q Who should not take Gleevec?
- Q Who should take Gleevec?
- Q How does Gleevec treat myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of Gleevec?
- Q How does Gleevec treat Ph+ acute lymphoblastic leukemia?
- Q What should I avoid while taking Gleevec?