How soon after taking fluorouracil will my symptoms improve?

The course of treatment using fluorouracil injections will vary based on your diagnosis. Depending on the strength of the cream, fluorouracil creams should be used for two to six weeks. If you do not experience toxic reactions, the treatment may be extended until your symptoms of cancer begin to disappear. Every person responds to a course of treatment differently so length of time for improvement is difficult to determine.

Continue Learning about Antineoplastic Agent

What should I know about methotrexate before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests and check your liver and kidney function before you start tr...
How does Zytiga work to treat prostate cancer?
Dr. Marc B. Garnick, MDDr. Marc B. Garnick, MD
Zytiga (abiraterone) was approved in 2011 for treating advanced prostate cancer. In a large, multice...
Can Keytruda interact with other medications or foods?
Doctors don't yet know if Keytruda (pembrolizumab) interacts with any medications or foods. However,...
How does Tysabri help treat multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Tysabri (natalizumab) is the first laboratory-produced antibody approved for the treatment of multip...