Can Idamycin cause low blood counts?

Idamycin (idarubicin) can cause low blood counts. Idamycin is a chemotherapy drug used to kill cancer cells, but it can also decrease your levels of white and red blood cells and platelets. Although it is a temporary condition, this drop in blood cells can increase your risk for infection, anemia or bleeding. If you notice signs of infection such as a fever or chills, tell your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Antineoplastic Agent

What is Keytruda?
Keytruda (pembrolizumab) is a medication approved for people who have advanced melanoma that can't b...
Is it safe to take Keytruda if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
No. Keytruda (pembrolizumab) fights melanoma cancer cells by making it easier for the immune system ...
Does methotrexate interact with other medications or foods?
If you are taking denosumab, methotrexate can lead to serious side effects and should be avoided. I...
How does methotrexate treat psoriatic arthritis?
Methotrexate (Trexall) is a medication taken in the form of a weekly pill. It is FDA approved for tr...