Are there any foods I should avoid while taking paclitaxel?

Paclitaxel (Abraxane, Taxol) is a chemotherapy drug given intravenously (IV) to treat a few types of cancers. If you are experiencing mouth sores you may want to avoid eating citrus fruits and spicy foods and drinking alcohol. You may also want to avoid eating grapefruit and drinking grapefruit juice because it may reduce the amount of medicine reaching the cancer.

Continue Learning about Antineoplastic Agent

What are the possible side effects of Keytruda?
The most common adverse effects of Keytruda (pembrolizumab) are fatigue, cough, nausea, itching, ras...
Does mitoxantrone interact with other medications or foods?
People taking mitoxantrone should avoid receiving live vaccines. If you are taking cyclosporine, mi...
What should I know about methotrexate before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests and check your liver and kidney function before you start tr...
How does Tysabri help treat multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Tysabri (natalizumab) is the first laboratory-produced antibody approved for the treatment of multip...