What should I know about nilutamide before taking it?

Nilutamide, which is sold under the brand name Nilandron, should be taken only by men, never by women. Before taking nilutamide you should be aware that there is a risk it can cause lung disease. Your risk of getting lung disease after taking nilutamide increases if you have or ever have had any kind of lung disease. There is also a risk that you might have an allergic reaction or experience other side effects while taking nilutamide. If possible, you should try to avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medication. Also, you should know that it can affect the way your eyes adjust to the dark after being in the light, so be cautious when you need to be able to suddenly see in the dark, such as when driving into a parking garage or a tunnel. Before you take nilutamide, you should discuss all medications and supplements you take regularly or occasionally with your doctor. There is a chance that nilutamide might interact with some medications, including those known as blood thinners or anticoagulants, phenytoin, warfarin and theophylline.

Continue Learning about Antineoplastic Agent

When should I call my doctor if I am taking Keytruda?
Keytruda can cause immune-mediated side effects, meaning that the immune system attacks and damages ...
What is methotrexate?
Methotrexate (Trexall) is taken as a weekly pill or injection. It is one of the most common DMARDs (...
What is mitoxantrone?
Mitoxantrone is a drug that works by suppressing the immune system. It is also used to treat leukemi...
Is it safe to take Keytruda if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
No. Keytruda (pembrolizumab) fights melanoma cancer cells by making it easier for the immune system ...