What are the age restrictions on taking Maxalt for migraines?

Steven A. Meyers, MD
Diagnostic Radiology
Maxalt is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use in adults over the age of 18 but is very commonly used in adolescents and even children without difficulty.

Continue Learning about Antimigraine

What should I know before taking triptans?
According to the manufacturers, the safety of using triptans more than 3 or 4 times a month is not k...
When should I take zolmitriptan to treat migraines?
Dr. Anthony L. Komaroff, MDDr. Anthony L. Komaroff, MD
Zolmitriptan (Zomig) is a member of the "triptan" family, a group of medications commonly used to tr...
What are possible side effects of triptans?
Side effects may include fatigue, weakness, dizziness, tingling sensations, flushing, chest and thro...
What other drugs interact with triptans?
If you are taking a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, triptans can lead to side effects and should be avoid...