Who should take Avapro?

Avapro (irbesartan) should be taken by people with hypertension (high blood pressure) and by people with type 2 diabetes who have kidney disease. High blood pressure puts stress on the heart and arteries. If that continues for an extended period of time, it may damage the blood vessels of the brain, heart, and kidneys. That damage can cause stroke, kidney failure, and heart failure. Lowering blood pressure and keeping it under control using a drug such as Avapro will make that damage less likely. In type 2 diabetics with kidney disease, Avapro was shown to reduce the progression of the kidney disease.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How can clonidine help me quit smoking?
Clonidine (Catapres) is a medication made to treat high blood pressure. It has also been used for qu...
What should I know before taking candesartan?
It is not known whether candesartan is safe or effective for children and adolescents under age 18. ...
What should I know before taking a centrally acting alpha agonist?
If you have severe coronary insufficiency or have had a recent heart attack, a centrally acting alph...
What are the side effects of candesartan?
Side effects may include low blood pressure, dizziness, upper respiratory infection, inflammation of...