Who should not take Atacand?

You shouldn't take the blood pressure medication Atacand (candesartan) if you're allergic to any of its ingredients or if you've had an allergic reaction to another ARB (angiotensin II receptor blocker). You also shouldn't take Atacand if you're pregnant, because it can damage or even kill a developing fetus if you take it during the last six months of pregnancy. If you become pregnant, stop taking Atacand and call your doctor immediately. If you are diabetic and take the drug aliskiren, you should not take Atacand. 

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Can I take Diovan if I'm allergic to sulfa drugs?
MediGuardMediGuard
Diovan may be taken by someone with sulfa allergy. Although rare, it is important to note that peopl...
How effective are angiotensin receptor blockers for high blood pressure?
ARBs lower blood pressure as effectively as other blood pressure medications. The different ARBs tha...
What should I know about aliskiren before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, do not use aliskiren. It is not known if this drug can be passed into brea...
What are the side effects of candesartan?
Side effects may include low blood pressure, dizziness, upper respiratory infection, inflammation of...