What should I know about amlodipine before taking it?

Amlodipine may cause problems for people who have congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease or liver disease. If you have any of these conditions, you should make sure you discuss the safety of amlodipine with your doctor before taking it. If you are pregnant, may become pregnant or are breastfeeding, you should discuss the safety of this medication with your doctor. In addition, this drug can cause side effects, including allergic reaction. Before you take it, you should be aware of the possible side effects and what to do if they occur.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What should I know before taking a calcium channel blocker?
If you have advanced aortic stenosis, you should not take nicardipine. If you have aortic stenosis o...
How are calcium channel blocker used to treat coronary artery disease?
Calcium channel blockers reduce the constriction of arteries and increase blood flow to the heart mu...
What are side effects of aliskiren?
Side effects of aliskiren may include swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, and feet. O...
What are antihypertensive medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Antihypertensives (blood pressure medication) are commonly used to treat high blood pressure by rela...