What should I do if I miss a dose of Atacand HCT?

If you miss a dose of the blood pressure drug Atacand HCT (candesartan and hydrochlorothiazide), take it as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the dose you missed and get back on your regular schedule. Never take a double dose of Atacand HCT to make up for one you missed.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What is candesartan?
Candesartan (Atacand) is one of several blood pressure medications being used for migraine preventio...
Can I take Diovan if I'm allergic to sulfa drugs?
If you are allergic to sulfa drugs, talk to your doctor before taking Diovan (valsartan), a drug pre...
How are calcium channel blocker used to treat coronary artery disease?
Calcium channel blockers reduce the constriction of arteries and increase blood flow to the heart mu...
Which patients are prescribed antihypertensive medicines?
Janice M. Boughton, MDJanice M. Boughton, MD
Most physicians will consider starting antihypertensive medication (blood pressure medicines) to pat...