What should I know about aliskiren and hydrochlorothiazide tablets?

Aliskiren and hydrochlorothiazide tablets are harmful to developing fetuses. If this medication is taken while pregnant or if you become pregnant while taking this medication, fetal death could result. It is unknown if aliskiren and hydrochlorothiazide are passed through breast milk to a nursing infant, so talk to your doctor before taking this medication while breast-feeding. You should talk to your doctor about your medical history before taking this medication, especially if you have ever had angioedema or are allergic to an ingredient in aliskiren and hydrochlorothiazide. You should not take this medication if you have kidney problems or if you are unable to urinate. Talk to your doctor if you experience signs of low blood pressure. This medication can cause symptoms of hypotension such as lightheadedness and dizziness. Consider these effects before driving or operating heavy machinery. Eating high-fat foods can affect the way your body absorbs this medication.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Can sexual health issues signal other medical conditions?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
All aspects of health are interrelated. Your sexual health will probably be impacted in some way by ...
More Answers
What are the side effects of candesartan?
Donna Hill Howes, RNDonna Hill Howes, RN
Side effects may include low blood pressure, dizziness, upper respiratory infection, inflammation of...
More Answers
Which patients are prescribed antihypertensive medicines?
Janice M. Boughton, MDJanice M. Boughton, MD
Most physicians will consider starting antihypertensive medication (blood pressure medicines) to pat...
More Answers
What drugs may interact with angiotensin receptor blockers?
Donna Hill Howes, RNDonna Hill Howes, RN
If you are taking angiotensin receptor blockers, the following drugs may interact with them and shou...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.