What is isradipine?

Isradipine is a prescription medication that helps to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). Isradipine is a type of medication known as a calcium channel blocker. It relaxes the muscles in your heart and blood vessels, allowing blood to flow more easily. Doctors usually prescribe this medication, along with others, to treat hypertension and reduce the overall workload on your heart. Isradipine is available under the brand Dynacirc CR.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Can I take Diovan if I'm allergic to sulfa drugs?
MediGuardMediGuard
Diovan may be taken by someone with sulfa allergy. Although rare, it is important to note that peopl...
What should I know before taking candesartan?
It is not known whether candesartan is safe or effective for children and adolescents under age 18. ...
Do thiazide diuretics have any side effects?
Brad AdkinsBrad Adkins
Thiazides are a class of medications which work in the kidneys to increase the amout of salt and wat...
How do calcium channel blockers help manage heart failure?
The calcium channel blockers diltiazem and verapamil can be used for people with diastolic heart fai...