What is guanabenz?

The prescription drug guanabenz treats high blood pressure. It is an alpha-2 adrenergic agonist that lowers blood pressure by dilating blood vessels and decreasing heart rate. It comes as an oral tablet that is usually taken twice a day. It has been marketed under the brand name Wytensin, but is available in generic forms.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How effective is candesartan for treating migraines?
Guidelines published by the American Headache Society state that candesartan is probably effective f...
Can I take Diovan if I'm allergic to sulfa drugs?
MediGuardMediGuard
Diovan may be taken by someone with sulfa allergy. Although rare, it is important to note that peopl...
What drugs may interact with calcium channel blockers?
If you... Are taking a beta blocker or a QTc interval prolonging drug - Calcium channel blockers ...
How are calcium channel blocker used to treat coronary artery disease?
Calcium channel blockers reduce the constriction of arteries and increase blood flow to the heart mu...