What is Corlopam?

Corlopam is a prescription medication used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is intended for use in emergency procedures or in conjunction with surgery, and is not meant for long-term treatment. Corlopam is known as a vasodilator, meaning it works by relaxing blood vessels so that blood can flow more freely. It comes in the form of an injection. Its generic name is fenoldopam, and generic versions of this drug are available.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What should I know about aliskiren before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, do not use aliskiren. It is not known if this drug can be passed into brea...
Can I take Diovan if I'm allergic to sulfa drugs?
If you are allergic to sulfa drugs, talk to your doctor before taking Diovan (valsartan), a drug pre...
What are the side effects of calcium channel blockers?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Calcium channel blockers block the influx of ions into cells, so calcium (that's the ion that gets b...
How effective are angiotensin receptor blockers for diabetes management?
People with diabetes should have a blood pressure goal of 140/90 or less. ARBs (angiotensin receptor...