What is Catapres TTS (clonidine)?

Catapres TTS is part of a class of drugs called antihypertensive medications that are used to treat high blood pressure. It can be used by itself or along with other medications. Delivered in the form of a skin patch, Catapres TTS works best if used consistently over a long period of time. The active ingredient in Catapres TTS is clonidine and it works by changing the nerve impulses in the brain that control your blood vessels. It encourages the brain to relax the blood vessels, allowing increased and eased blood flow.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Can I take Micardis if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you likely can take Micardis (telmisartan) to treat your high blood pressure, ...
What drugs may interact with calcium channel blockers?
If you... Are taking a beta blocker or a QTc interval prolonging drug - Calcium channel blockers ...
What side effects does Olmesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide cause?
MediGuardMediGuard
Based on information from iGuard.org, a free medication monitoring service, 20% of patients experien...
What are beta-blockers?
SCAISCAI
Beta blockers are a form of medication used to treat high blood pressure, angina (chest pain) and ot...