What is Catapres TTS (clonidine)?

Catapres TTS is part of a class of drugs called antihypertensive medications that are used to treat high blood pressure. It can be used by itself or along with other medications. Delivered in the form of a skin patch, Catapres TTS works best if used consistently over a long period of time. The active ingredient in Catapres TTS is clonidine and it works by changing the nerve impulses in the brain that control your blood vessels. It encourages the brain to relax the blood vessels, allowing increased and eased blood flow.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Can sexual health issues signal other medical conditions?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
All aspects of health are interrelated. Your sexual health will probably be impacted in some way by ...
What is candesartan?
Candesartan (Atacand) is one of several blood pressure medications being used for migraine preventio...
What is aliskiren?
Aliskiren (Tekturna) acts on a kidney enzyme (renin) to reduce angiotensin and aldosterone. These ar...
Can I take Micardis if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you likely can take Micardis (telmisartan) to treat your high blood pressure, ...