What is bepridil?

Bepridil is the name of the active ingredient in the brand name Vascor. It is  part of the class of drugs known as calcium channel blockers. It is used to treat people with high blood pressure and angina (chest pain). It relaxes arteries, which opens them up and improves blood flow. This makes it easier for the heart to pump blood.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What are antihypertensive medications?
SCAISCAI
Antihypertensives are medications that lower blood pressure, reducing strain on, and damage to, the ...
What should I know before taking a calcium channel blocker?
If you have advanced aortic stenosis, you should not take nicardipine. If you have aortic stenosis o...
What drugs may interact with angiotensin receptor blockers?
If you are taking angiotensin receptor blockers, the following drugs may interact with them and shou...
How can clonidine help me quit smoking?
Clonidine (Catapres) is a medication made to treat high blood pressure. It has also been used for qu...