What is Azor?

Azor, the prescription drug combination of amlodipine and olmesartan, is used to treat high blood pressure (when used alone or in combination with other drugs). Azor works by relaxing blood vessels and increasing oxygen levels to the heart, making it easier for the heart to work. Both ingredients contribute to the drug's effectiveness: amlodipine affects calcium movement in the heart and blood vessels, while olmesartan blocks a substance in blood vessels that causes them to tighten.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What should I know before taking beta blockers?
Beta blockers are recommended for at least 3 years after a heart attack. Some experts recommend cont...
How effective is candesartan for treating migraines?
Guidelines published by the American Headache Society state that candesartan is probably effective f...
How do clonidine tablets interact with other medications or food?
Clonidine may interact with the following medications, and should be avoided: azelastine nasal sp...
What should I know about aliskiren before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, do not use aliskiren. It is not known if this drug can be passed into brea...