Can I take Edarbi if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

You should not take Edarbi if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy soon, or if you are breastfeeding.

If you are taking Edarbi and find out that you’re pregnant, stop taking the drug immediately and call your doctor. Taking the drug during pregnancy, especially the last six months, can lead to serious injury or death of the developing baby.

You should not take Edarbi if you are breastfeeding, since it isn't known yet whether the drug can pass into breast milk and affect your baby.

Your doctor may prescribe another medicine that is safe for your baby, or work with you on a plan to keep your blood pressure under control while you are pregnant or nursing.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What are beta-blockers?
SCAISCAI
Beta blockers are a form of medication used to treat high blood pressure, angina (chest pain) and ot...
How effective are angiotensin receptor blockers for diabetes management?
People with diabetes should have a blood pressure goal of 140/90 or less. ARBs (angiotensin receptor...
What are the side effects of calcium channel blockers?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Calcium channel blockers block the influx of ions into cells, so calcium (that's the ion that gets b...
Can I take Micardis if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you likely can take Micardis (telmisartan) to treat your high blood pressure, ...