Can I use Diovan if I am breastfeeding?

If you are breastfeeding, you should not take Diovan (valsartan), a drug prescribed to treat high blood pressure and congestive heart failure (a condition in which the heart dose not pump blood efficiently), and to prolong life after a heart attack. Doctors are not certain whether Diovan passes into breast milk, but if it does it might harm a nursing infant. Talk with your doctor about whether it would be better for you to wean your baby in order to take Diovan or use a different treatment while you're nursing.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What are side effects of aliskiren?
Side effects of aliskiren may include swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, and feet. O...
What should I know before taking candesartan?
It is not known whether candesartan is safe or effective for children and adolescents under age 18. ...
What should I know before taking angiotensin receptor blockers?
ARBs are not recommended for people with normal blood pressure and kidney function measures. An ARB...
What are angiotensin receptor blockers for diabetes management?
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) block the effects of the hormone angiotensin. They help to lowe...