What should I do if I miss a dose of nicardipine?

Nicardipine (Cardene, Cardene SR) is a medicine used to control high blood pressure. It works by relaxing the muscle lining of the blood vessels. If you don't take nicardipine as directed by your doctor, your blood pressure may rise. If you miss a dose of nicardipine, take it as soon as possible. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule. Don't take 2 doses at once. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully and ask your pharmacist if you have any questions about taking nicardipine properly.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What are the side effects of candesartan?
Side effects may include low blood pressure, dizziness, upper respiratory infection, inflammation of...
What is aliskiren?
Aliskiren (Tekturna) acts on a kidney enzyme (renin) to reduce angiotensin and aldosterone. These ar...
What are the side effects of calcium channel blockers?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Calcium channel blockers block the influx of ions into cells, so calcium (that's the ion that gets b...
How do calcium channel blockers help manage heart failure?
The calcium channel blockers diltiazem and verapamil can be used for people with diastolic heart fai...