If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Teveten?

It is not safe to take the blood pressure medication Teveten (eprosartan) during pregnancy, because it may cause birth defects and affect kidney function in the developing fetus, leading to death or serious injury. The risk is greatest after the first trimester. This is why experts recommend alternative medications during pregnancy.

If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, speak to your doctor before taking Teveten. If you are taking the drug and become pregnant, call your doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What should I know before taking a calcium channel blocker?
If you have advanced aortic stenosis, you should not take nicardipine. If you have aortic stenosis o...
What are possible side effects of an angiotensin receptor blocker?
Dr. Audrey K. Chun, MDDr. Audrey K. Chun, MD
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) are generally well tolerated, with the most common side effects...
What side effects does Olmesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide cause?
MediGuardMediGuard
Based on information from iGuard.org, a free medication monitoring service, 20% of patients experien...
How can clonidine help me quit smoking?
Clonidine (Catapres) is a medication made to treat high blood pressure. It has also been used for qu...