If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Diovan HCT?

If you are pregnant, you should not take the blood pressure drug Diovan HCT (valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide). Diovan HCT may cause harm or be fatal to a developing fetus, especially if you take it during the second or third trimester. If you discover you are pregnant while you are taking Diovan HCT, stop taking the drug immediately and call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How do calcium channel blockers help treat high blood pressure (BP)?
Calcium channel blockers (calcium antagonists) relax artery muscles and dilate coronary arteries...
Can I take Diovan if I'm allergic to sulfa drugs?
MediGuardMediGuard
Diovan may be taken by someone with sulfa allergy. Although rare, it is important to note that peopl...
What are angiotensin receptor blockers for diabetes management?
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) block the effects of the hormone angiotensin. They help to lowe...
What are possible side effects of beta blockers?
Dr. Egilius L. Spierings, MDDr. Egilius L. Spierings, MD
Side effects of beta blockers can include fatigue, dizziness, cold hands and feet, exercise intolera...