If I am pregnant, is it safe to take amlodipine besylate and benazepril?

It's not safe to take amlodipine and benazepril (known by the brand name Lotrel and used to treat high blood pressure) if you're pregnant because the drug could harm or cause the death of a developing fetus. If you become pregnant while taking Lotrel, you should stop taking it immediately and tell your doctor. If you plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding, be sure to tell your doctor if he wants to prescribe Lotrel for you.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What should I know before taking candesartan?
It is not known whether candesartan is safe or effective for children and adolescents under age 18. ...
What is candesartan?
Candesartan (Atacand) is one of several blood pressure medications being used for migraine preventio...
What side effects does Olmesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide cause?
MediGuardMediGuard
Based on information from iGuard.org, a free medication monitoring service, 20% of patients experien...
What are antihypertensive medications?
SCAISCAI
Antihypertensives are medications that lower blood pressure, reducing strain on, and damage to, the ...