If I am pregnant, is it safe to take amlodipine besylate and benazepril?

It's not safe to take amlodipine and benazepril (known by the brand name Lotrel and used to treat high blood pressure) if you're pregnant because the drug could harm or cause the death of a developing fetus. If you become pregnant while taking Lotrel, you should stop taking it immediately and tell your doctor. If you plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding, be sure to tell your doctor if he wants to prescribe Lotrel for you.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What are side effects of aliskiren?
Side effects of aliskiren may include swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, and feet. O...
What should I know about aliskiren before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, do not use aliskiren. It is not known if this drug can be passed into brea...
Do thiazide diuretics have any side effects?
Brad AdkinsBrad Adkins
Thiazides are a class of medications which work in the kidneys to increase the amout of salt and wat...
What are the side effects of clonidine tablets?
Side effects may include dry mouth, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, heart palpitations or c...