What if I miss my dose of clonidine (Catapres)?

If you miss a dose of clonidine (Catapres), take the missed dose as soon as you remember it and continue the prescription directions. But if you are close to the next dose, skip the missed dose and wait for the next dose. Do not double-up on your doses. This might lead to severe side effects and/or overdose.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Do thiazide diuretics have any side effects?
Brad AdkinsBrad Adkins
Thiazides are a class of medications which work in the kidneys to increase the amout of salt and wat...
What should I know about aliskiren before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, do not use aliskiren. It is not known if this drug can be passed into brea...
What are centrally acting alpha agonists?
Centrally acting alpha agonists are sometimes used to treat high blood pressure. They are not consid...
What are beta-blockers?
Beta blockers reduce the heart's workload and are used for high blood pressure, chest pain and to pr...