Is Lotrel safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women?

Lotrel can be harmful or fatal to an unborn child, particularly if you take the medication during the second and third trimesters. If you are pregnant or become pregnant while using Lotrel, tell your doctor right away to determine the potential risk to your developing baby. Traces of Lotrel can travel through breast milk, so if Lotrel is necessary to maintain your health, the doctor may recommend that you not breastfeed while you take it.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

Can I take Micardis if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you likely can take Micardis (telmisartan) to treat your high blood pressure, ...
How can clonidine help me quit smoking?
Clonidine (Catapres) is a medication made to treat high blood pressure. It has also been used for qu...
What should I know about aliskiren before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, do not use aliskiren. It is not known if this drug can be passed into brea...
What drugs may interact with beta blockers?
The following drugs can lead to serious side effects with beta blockers and should not be taken whil...