Is it safe to take candesartan if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

It is not safe to take candesartan (Atacand), a medication used to help treat high blood pressure and congestive heart failure, if you're pregnant or breastfeeding. If taken during the last six months of pregnancy, candesartan can be harmful or even fatal to a developing fetus. If you become pregnant while taking candesartan, call your doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

What are side effects of aliskiren?
Side effects of aliskiren may include swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, and feet. O...
What are the side effects of calcium channel blockers?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Calcium channel blockers block the influx of ions into cells, so calcium (that's the ion that gets b...
Can I take Micardis if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you likely can take Micardis (telmisartan) to treat your high blood pressure, ...
How do calcium channel blockers help treat high blood pressure (BP)?
Calcium channel blockers (calcium antagonists) relax artery muscles and dilate coronary arteries...