Is quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide safe for a pregnant woman to take?

Quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide is not safe to take while pregnant. When taken during the second or third trimester, quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide can cause harm or death to a fetus. Women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, are breast-feeding, or are able to become pregnant should talk to their doctor before starting quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide.

Continue Learning about Antihypertensive

How effective is candesartan for treating migraines?
Guidelines published by the American Headache Society state that candesartan is probably effective f...
What are the side effects of calcium channel blockers?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Calcium channel blockers block the influx of ions into cells, so calcium (that's the ion that gets b...
Can I take Micardis if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you likely can take Micardis (telmisartan) to treat your high blood pressure, ...
How can clonidine help me quit smoking?
Clonidine (Catapres) is a medication made to treat high blood pressure. It has also been used for qu...